We recommend SmugMug (I will set up a private page for you) or Dropbox (dropbox.com).
If you would prefer to use another method (email, disc or a USB thumb drive), we’re happy to do so. Simply contact me.
Once your private, secure page is set up, you and your friends simply click and drag images to the shared gallery.
Upload daily on a multi-day tour and avoid the risk of lost pictures due to an accident such as a broken, stolen or damaged camera or filled SD card.
If you don’t already have a dropbox login, you can get one at www.dropbox.com. More work but more personal control.
- Sign in to the Dropbox website using your login.
- Create a new folder in Dropbox and give it the name of the event or tour with a year (e.g. biketour_2013). Adding your name to the folder is a good idea too! (e.g. 2014tour_joesmith)
- Copy only the images you want to share into this Dropbox folder.
- Select this folder by clicking on the empty space to the right of the folder’s name or on the link icon. (Clicking on the folder name or icon will open the folder instead.)
- If the folder is currently unshared or is a new folder, click Invite to folder in the toolbar.
- For an existing folder in Dropbox, click on the Link icon on the right. “Share Link” displays when you hover over the Link icon.
- Enter the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to share the folder or email us the link.
- Add a personal message if you’d like and click Send.