Taking a break from training on your bike is rejuvenating. Makes you feel, a bit, like you’re a kid again. One great way to ride AND feel the same way is to use your two-wheeler as transportation to an event. We just rode to the 2014 FedEx Cup BMW Championship. Here are our 7 tips!
- Check out the bike parking or valet at the venue. Bike parking at the 2014 BMW Championship.
- Familiarize yourself with the best routes to the bike parking.
- Plan your change of shoes and appropriate attire for the event.
- Bring your apparel along in a drawstring backpack — clear if possible to meet event security requirements.
- Leave your Garmin, bike computers, heart rate monitors at home.
- Use your least expensive equipment (including helmets and gloves) and lock them at the bike park facility.
- Carry your id (driver’s license), credit card and cash for merchandise and refreshments.
And if you’ll be outdoors, remember a sunhat!